Scenario Development Meetings -- August & September 2017
We met with topic area groups and subgroups as we hit the ground running on scenario development. These meetings aimed to help iron out possibilities for different topics under the three different scenarios the project team and commission have chosen to study.
- P-20 Education Focus Subgroup Meeting on August 29th
- Research Facility and Strategic Focus Subgroup Meeting on August 30th
- Housing, Commercial Development, and Air Quality Small Group Meeting on September 11th
- Environment, Recreation, and Entertainment Small Group Meeting on September 14th
- Education, Workforce Development, and Technology Small Group Meeting on September 26th
- Transportation, Infrastructure, and Air Quality Small Group Meeting on September 27th
Advisory Group Meetings - June and July 2017
The Point of the Mountain Development Commission, with the help of Envision Utah, recently entered Phase 2 of its work. In this phase we will create and evaluate alternative futures, or scenarios, for the Point of the Mountain area. We convened Small Advisory Groups during this phase to help frame and evaluate the scenarios as they relate to the groups' specific topic areas.
- Environment, Recreation, and Entertainment was held on June 26, 2017 at 1:00 at Draper City Hall's City Council Chambers.
- Housing, Commercial Development, & Air Quality was held on July 7, 2017 at 2:00 at Draper City Hall's City Council Chambers.
- Education, Workforce Development, & Technology was held on July 11, 2017 at 11:00 in the Lehi City Council Chambers,
- Transportation, Infrastructure, & Air Quality was held July on 17, 2017 at 9:00 in the Sandy City Hall Multipurpose Room.
Phase Two Stakeholder Kickoff -- June 8th, 2017
The Phase Two Kickoff for the Point of the Mountain visioning process was held on June 8th at the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium in Draper. We shared an overview of the Phase One Report and gave stakeholders a chance to share which variables they think are most crucial to take into account when modeling scenarios to explore what the future of the Point of the Mountain might look like.
Point of the Mountain Development Commission Phase One Report Meeting — May 10th, 2017
The Point of the Mountain Development Commission met with the consultant team on May 10th to discuss findings from Phase Oneand to discuss the budget and next steps for Phases Two and Three of the visioning process.
The Phase One Report was released alongside this meeting.
Transportation Agencies & Cities Meeting - February 2017
On February 28th, Envision Utah held a meeting to coordinate planning efforts between transportation agencies, planning organizations (WFRC, MAG), and cities from the Point of the Mountain region. This meeting helped these cities better understand the planning efforts being undertaken by metropolitan planning organizations and transportation agencies and allowed these groups to better understand the needs of the cities in the area.
Point of the Mountain Public Workshops - February 2017
In mid-February, we held two public workshops to engage residents who live in the Point of the Mountain area. This helped inform the process and get public input and feedback in person. The public workshops were open to everyone.
The workshops were held at the Loveland Living Planet Aquarium on February 15 and in the Ashton Gardens visitor center at Thanksgiving Point on February 16. Participants spent the ninety minutes answering survey questions and offering their ideas on maps.
Point of the Mountain Development Commission Preliminary Findings Meeting - January 2017
The Point of the Mountain Development Commission met on January 26th, 2017 to discuss preliminary findings from stakeholder meetings and early research from consultants.
Small Group Meetings — January, 2017
Throughout January, we held small stakeholder group meetings for topics crucial to the region’s future with experts from the public and private sectors. We’re coordinating the findings from these small groups and the larger meetings with our consultants to prepare for scenario creation in the next few months.
- Transportation & Land Use on January 3rd
- Jobs, Economy, and Technology on January 3rd
- Services, Entertainment, and Culture on January 9th
- Water, Sewer, and Storm Water on January 10th
- Energy Conservation on January 10th
- Utilities (Power, Telecom, Gas, Etc.) on January 17th
- Housing on January 18th
- Green Infrastructure on January 19th
Phase One Stakeholder Kickoff — December 19th, 2016
We held the Point of the Mountain visioning process stakeholder kickoff on December 19th at Adobe’s Lehi Campus. During this meeting, we began to form small stakeholder groups for key topics, and collected information about the perceived challenges and opportunities facing the region.